Mr. Shahi Ghanem is the Managing Director in San Francisco office.
Shahi is a technology industry veteran, serial entrepreneur, angel investor and venture capital investor and advisor that has raised over one hundred million dollars in capital and helped create over one billion dollars in shareholder returns. With deep experience in digital media, social media, Internet advertising, consumer electronics, and distributed technologies, he has worked with dozens of early-stage companies in director, advisor, and executive roles. He is also a successful executive mentor and featured speaker on media and technology.
Prior to joining WI Harper, Shahi served as the Chief Strategy Officer and Executive Vice President of Corporate Development for BitTorrent, Inc., a leading distributed technology company. Prior roles have included:
– President of DivX, one of the world’s leading developers of video compression, digital rights management, and related media technologies;
– Chairman and CEO of Brickfish, an Internet advertising and social media company that delivers consumer-driven social media campaigns and metrics to Global 2000 clients in the fashion, sports, electronics, and consumer products industries;
– CEO of EmpowHER, a health media company and leading social media site dedicated to female health and wellness;
– Acting CEO of STL, an enterprise software company dedicated to helping Fortune 500 companies manage, distribute and measure digital assets;
– SVP of Technology for Greens.com, a pioneering provider of business solutions for the golf industry.
Shahi was educated at Cal State Long Beach and the University of California at Irvine, majoring in both economics and pre-med while competing as an NCAA All American Division I athlete.