WI Harper-backed GrubMarket announces the general availability of WholesaleWare 2.0, the most comprehensive and modern Software-as-a-Service platform built for food industry suppliers and vendors. This is another significant milestone for the company after the acquisitionof Hung San Foods and Boston Organics earlier this year.
Founded in 2014, GrubMarket is an e-commerce platform that offers foods from local farms, fisheries, commercial kitchens, certified home kitchens, and restaurants at wholesale prices.
Over the past few decades, technology has added immense value to supply chains across a multitude of industries, but technological advancements and dedicated software solutions have been slow to permeate the food industry. San Francisco-based GrubMarket identified this market gap after launching its direct wholesale business back in 2015, and the company originally built WholesaleWare 1.0 for managing its own B2B customers and suppliers.
After receiving overwhelmingly positive feedback from: GrubMarket’s B2B division; its customers and suppliers; WholesaleWare 2.0 is now being made available to all food industry wholesalers, farmers, distributors, suppliers, and vendors across the United States.
WholesaleWare 2.0 combines a user-friendly interface with comprehensive technical functionalities – leading directly to increased productivity and accuracy, waste reduction, profit margin improvement and customer satisfaction. WholesaleWare 2.0 provides end-to-end financial tracking and order management for the food industry. It also includes advanced logistics management and work order processing services, making the software suitable for small to medium businesses, as well as larger international distributors. In summary, WholesaleWare 2.0 offers the following key software solutions:
- Inventory and Pricing Management – Effectively manage your product inventory and pricing with precision and real-time updates.
- Ecommerce – Sell and order online in an intuitive and user-friendly way.
- Financial Integration – Seamlessly integrate your daily business activity with your accounting systems.
- Customized Reporting – Monitor real-time activity and profitability just clicks away.
- Customer Relationship Management – Build long-lasting relationships with your customers via engagement tools and a brilliantly efficient purchasing platform.
- Manufacturing and Work Orders for Complex Deliverables and Repacking – Not only buy and sell product but also process intricate packing/cutting orders.
- Logistics Management – Automatically plan and optimize daily delivery routes, and manage real-time communication and positioning of delivery fleet.
- Food Safety & Traceability – Provide complete traceability, compliance and QA validation.
- Human Resource Management – Effectively manage employees’ performance and productivity, headcount, payroll, benefits, and maintain those HR records in a digital way.
Mike Xu, the CEO of GrubMarket, has built the company with technology deeply rooted in its DNA. Over the past five years, GrubMarket has established a renowned track record in software development for the food industry. According to Mike: “GrubMarket carries the mission of digitizing the food supply chain industry, which has been lacking technology innovation and disruption for centuries. Our software not only finds its roots from our technology leadership and expertise in cutting-edge software development, it also stems from GrubMarket’s proven track and deep insights in food supply chain industry, as one of the major food providers in California and nationwide. With the successful traction our software has garnered from food industry suppliers and vendors, we are thrilled to launch our WholesaleWare 2.0.”
Food industry wholesalers, farmers, distributors, and other suppliers of all sizes are invited to enjoy a complimentary trial of the WholesaleWare 2.0software suite.
| About GrubMarket
GrubMarket’s mission is to make fresh and healthy food accessible to everyone. We are committed to providing individuals, retailers, and restaurants with the best online food e-commerce experience possible, by regularly offering a spectacular array of farm-fresh foods at prices that are up to 50% OFF what you’d typically find from regular grocers or wholesalers.
| About WI Harper Group:
WI Harper is a pioneer and leading cross-border venture capital firm investing in early and expansion stage companies globally. With offices in San Francisco, Beijing, and Taipei, the firm actively oversees more than $1 billion in assets under management. Since inception nearly three decades ago, WI Harper has invested in over 400 startups and has successfully experienced more than 100 IPO and M&A exits.
We look for innovative companies and visionary founders in healthcare, technology and sustainability fields where there are high synergies and meaningful value added cross selling opportunities. While our healthcare team is presently honing on bioinformatics and digital biology, our technology team is focused blockchain, big data, analytics, artificial intelligence, AR/VR, IoT, robotics, drones, autonomous driving, as well as digital media and green energy projects.